John J. Culkin, FSA, MAAA
John Culkin is a consulting actuary with Axene Health Partners, LLC. He brings deep analytical experience to AHP and clients benefit from his reporting analysis. John joined AHP in 2016.
John’s expertise includes:
- Health plans: HMOs, PPOs, managed care plans, BlueCross Blue Shield plans, insurance companies, etc.
- Healthcare providers: hospitals, medical groups, ancillary providers, etc.
- Various governments and government programs: federal, state and local, international, Medicare, Medicaid, CHAMPUS, social systems.
- Employer health benefit plan sponsors
- Healthcare innovation and technology companies
- Medical device and technology suppliers, etc.
- Dispute resolution services: expert testimony, arbitrator, mediator, etc.
Prior to joining the firm, John worked for Anthem/Amerigroup in their Medicaid Division. At Anthem he was responsible for a variety of financial reporting functions including IBNR analysis, quarterly and annual reporting, corporate trend reporting and corporate budget forecasting.
John is a Fellow of the Society of Actuaries and a Member of the American Academy of Actuaries. In addition to his actuarial credentials, he earned a Bachelor of Science in actuarial science from the Pennsylvania State University.
John is married lives with his wife in North Carolina.