PRINCIPAL & CONSULTING ACTUARY
William Bednar, FSA, FCA, MAAA
William Bednar is a consulting actuary with Axene Health Partners, LLC. His broad expertise of the health care space focuses on helping clients navigate the actuarial maze of health plans, healthcare providers, governments and government programs and social systems, healthcare technology, and medical device and technology suppliers.
William has worked projects such as:
- IBNR estimation and reserve reporting
- Trend reporting and underlying driver analytics
- Medicaid rate analytics and negotiations
- Forecasting and budgeting
- Provider contracting analytics and negotiations
- Financial statement preparation
- Medical economics and deep dive analytics
- ROI assessment for care management initiatives
- Vision pricing and underwriting support
- Reinsurance reporting and pricing
- Seasonal claim variance studies
- Risk score analytics
Prior to joining AHP, he held positions as a health actuary at Amerigroup (subsidiary of Wellpoint) and Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield of Pennsylvania. At Amerigroup he supported actuarial functions for their managed Medicaid operations in 14 states. At Highmark he performed actuarial services for commercial and Medicare lines of business.
William earned a Bachelor of Arts in mathematics from Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania. He is a Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (2013), a Fellow of the Conference of Consulting Actuaries (2014), and a Member of the American Academy of Actuaries (2008).