Josh Axene joined Axene Health Partners, LLC in 2003 as one of its first employees. He brought with him a desire to make a lasting impact in the health care industry. His strength in making connections between data and real world scenarios is an asset for AHP clients. As one of AHP’s longest tenured employees, Josh is at the hub of day-to-day operations.
Josh has experience working on a variety of health care organization projects including:
- Health plans: HMOs, PPOs, managed care plans, BlueCross Blue Shield plans, insurance companies, etc.
- Healthcare providers: hospitals, medical groups, ancillary providers, etc.
- Various governments and government programs: federal, state and local, international, Medicare, Medicaid, CHAMPUS, social systems
- Employer health benefit plan sponsors
- Healthcare technology companies
- Medical device and technology suppliers, etc.
His expertise helps AHP clients achieve results in projects such as:
- Hospital contract negotiations
- Analysis for provider negotiations based on capitation rates
- Competitive assessment of hospital and physician contracts
- Claim liability estimation for health plans, self-funded groups and insurance companies
- Financial statement preparation
- Predictive modeling
- Pharmacy management
- Health care benchmarking
- ACA exchange rate filings
- Premium equivalent rate development
- Web-site development and other information systems related projects
Prior to joining AHP, Josh was an actuarial intern at Pacific Care Health Systems and Milliman & Robertson, Inc. He earned a bachelor’s degree in mathematics from Azusa Pacific University.
Josh is happily married and has four daughters. Although a Seattle native and lifelong Seahawks fan, he now cheers the team from their home in Murrieta, California.