Cory Ulm is a Data Scientist for Axene Health Partners and works out of the Pittsburgh office. He brings technical expertise with SAS, SQL, and VBA to the AHP team. His wealth of experience in physician profiling, both from a total cost of care perspective and an episodic perspective, helps deliver results for his clients.
Prior to joining AHP, Cory was a top contributor at Highmark Health in the Enterprise Actuarial department. His project experience includes:
- Design and support of value-based provider reimbursement models, including Patient Centered Medical Home, Gain Share, Risk Share, Partner Product, and other targeted Pay for Value programs for Commercial Risk, ASO, and Medicare Advantage populations
- Design of narrow network for the ACA, including financial impacts by county to determine where it made sense to offer products on the marketplace
- Design of a high performing network to reach savings targets
- Design and support of specialist efficiency profiling through episode analytics
- Design and support of hospital Pay for Value program utilizing CMS BPCI logic
Cory earned a Bachelor of Science in Actuarial Science from Penn State University in State College, PA. He lives in the Pittsburgh area with his wife and 2 dogs.