John J. Culkin, ASA, MAAA
John Culkin is an actuary with Axene Health Partners, LLC. He brings deep analytical experience to AHP and clients benefit from his reporting analysis. John joined AHP in 2016.
John’s expertise includes:
- Health plans: HMOs, PPOs, managed care plans, BlueCross Blue Shield plans, insurance companies, etc.
- Healthcare providers: hospitals, medical groups, ancillary providers, etc.
- Various governments and government programs: federal, state and local, international, Medicare, Medicaid, CHAMPUS, social systems.
- Employer health benefit plan sponsors
- Healthcare innovation and technology companies
- Medical device and technology suppliers, etc.
- Dispute resolution services: expert testimony, arbitrator, mediator, etc.
Prior to joining the firm, John worked for Anthem/Amerigroup in their Medicaid Division. At Anthem he was responsible for a variety of financial reporting functions including IBNR analysis, quarterly and annual reporting, corporate trend reporting and corporate budget forecasting.
John is an Associate of the Society of Actuaries and a Member of the American Academy of Actuaries. In addition to his actuarial credentials, he earned a Bachelor of Science in actuarial science from the Pennsylvania State University.
John is married lives with his wife in Southern California.