Nicholas J. Yphantides, MD
Dr. Nick Yphantides serves as the National Director of Health & Wellness for Axene Health Partners, LLC. He brings a strong Health & Wellness focus and works closely with the firm’s consultants to provide a broad scope of services to a variety of healthcare clients including:
- Health Plans: Traditional managed care companies, insurance companies, Blue Cross and Blue Shield plans, etc.
- Disease Management Companies: Pharmaceutical companies, managed care driven organizations and independent companies.
- Healthcare technology companies specifically those providing products to providers and payers
- Medical technology companies
- Healthcare organizations needing strategic development, organizational change and positioning for the future services
- Governmental agencies including state, federal, Medicare and Medicaid
- Hospitals and other provider organizations
Nick is the Chair of San Diego County’s Childhood Obesity Task Force. He has been the Chairman of the Board and Board Member of Palomar Pomerado Health System. He was on the Executive Board of the California Center for the Arts, Escondido, Board Member of the Health Care Association of San Diego and Imperial Counties, and Physician Chair of the Medical Board of the Council of Community Clinics.
Prior to joining AHP, Nick served as medical director of the largest network of Community Clinics in San Diego. He took his advocacy into politics serving as the publicly elected Chairman of the Board for Palomar Pomerado Health, the largest Public Hospital District in California. He has also served as a medical consultant for medical and non-profit community organizations, as well as provided urgent care medical services at the community clinic he used to direct.
In addition to his significant professional career, Nick is the author of “My Big Fat Greek Diet” which describes his personal wellness journey and focus. In the book, Nick chronicles how he temporarily retired from all of his job commitments to go on a personal adventure and focus on his own personal health needs. Over the course of a year he drove 38,000 miles, visited every state, and transformed his personal health by losing 270 pounds without surgery. He accomplished this amazing feat by truly changing his life. He is now passionate about giving hope, inspiration and encouragement to individuals and institutions in need of making positive changes. His life story has been featured in People Magazine, Reader’s Digest, Washington Post, New York Times, and on CNN, Fox News, Focus on the Family and even in the National Enquirer!
Nick is a Board Certified Family Physician and resides in Escondido, California with his two children.