Sean Lorentz is a consulting actuary with Axene Health Partners, LLC and works out of the Temecula, California office. He brings experience with SQL, SAS, and VBA and is adept at using these tools to suit each client’s unique needs.
Prior to joining AHP, Sean worked at United Health Group in the regional group pricing department where he was involved in small and large group pricing, manual rate studies, and state filings. He also worked at Blue Shield of CA in their individual health pricing department.
Sean actively serves clients on projects such as:
- Financial forecasting, budgeting, and modeling
- Pricing and product development for medical including PPO/Indemnity, HMO, Point-of-Service for individual, legislated small group, large group markets
- Development, implementation and maintenance of appropriate pricing structures, performing manual rate studies
- Health care benchmarking
- Risk score assessment and predictive modeling
- State and Federal rate filings
- IBNR estimation
Sean earned a Bachelor of Science in mathematics applied in economics from the University of California, Riverside.
Sean lives in Temecula, CA.